Sarah B. wrote, "Hi Outblush! My fiance and I are in the midst of planning our dream Texas Hill Country wedding in June -- complete with a rustic-chic restored barn, lots of flowers, and sunset views of the hill country. I've got the perfect ivory wedding dress, but I am having the hardest time finding the right bridesmaid dresses! I've recently fallen in love with a particular J. Crew Cotton Blakely Dress in Ginger, and am convinced that this is the perfect bridesmaid dress, but I'm too late! The dress is nearly sold out and isn't available for my 4 bridesmaids. I've looked online at so many dresses, and simply cannot find what I'm looking for. The 'typical' bridesmaid dress just won't do! Because it's a summer wedding in Texas, the fabric needs to be something light and comfortable, and not stiff like taffeta or satin. I want the color to be a soft, nude pink, or light, natural colors like a soft beige. I'm looking for a cocktail length, non-strapless style, that would even be cute with a pair of cowboy boots. The budget for the dress is around $150. I need your help!! Thanks so much! Sarah B."
Well, yee-haw, Sarah! Congratulations on your engagement! We've rustled up 11 dresses in light, floaty fabrics, in the color palette you're aiming for... Hope one of these is "just right" - but if you wanted to go a truly rustic, sweet route, put each 'maid into a different dress! Drop us a line in the comments, and let us know how we did!
1. The Original: J. Crew Cotton Blakely Dress in Ginger ($118)
2. Banana Republic Silk Rosette Trim Dress ($80 on sale)
3. Isabel Lu Grecian Dress ($148)
4. Burlapp Million Dollar Smile Dress ($170)
5. The Limited Rosette Hem Strapless Dress ($60 on sale, 4 colors)
6. Bunch of Fun Dress in Daybreak ($58)
7. The Limited Shirred Bodice Tank Dress ($90, in 2 colors)
8. Second Female Dancing in Your Dreams Dress ($85)
9. MaxStudio Sateen Hand-Detailed Dress ($148 on sale)
10. Natural Wonder Dress ($100)
11. Winery Tour Dress ($100)
12. (Not shown) Cinderella's Samba One Shoulder Blush Pink Dress ($42)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.