Sarah writes: Hello OutBlush! I've recently landed a two year national teaching fellowship and I am need of work appropriate wardrobe. Specifically, I've been living out of a suitcase traveling for the past two years and I have two commute and hour and half each way in unpredictable Bay Area weather! I am looking for great pieces that are appropriate for working with middle schoolers (read: no revealing blouses), that I can layer. Also stylish shoes that are still be comfortable 8+ hours later. I am 5'4 and a curvy girl, i usually wear size 8. I have an hourglass figure with a tiny waist that I love to show off! I wear a size 9 in shoes. Trying to find a pair of khakis has been impossible, also a jacket that's warm but doesn't look like I'm ready to go out in a snowstorm. I willing to spend ~450 to jump start my wardrobe. I would love your help!
Boobs and brains. You're a lucky gal but clearly in a tough position. Middle school kids are about as respectful and courteous as 3 year-olds. You are a brave woman for entering their territory. So as a prize for your heroism, we grant you this wardrobe. Everything is on the cheaper side for fear that middle school kids are just as messy as, yet again, 3 year-olds. Good luck with your school year and congrats on the fellowship! -Magzilla
1. GUESS Ruffle Hem Coat ($148)
2. Hurley Winchester Blazer ($59)
3. Victoria's Secret Scoopneck Tees ($25 or 2/$40)
4. Victoria's Secret Layering Camis ($17 or 2/$26) I wear these under every shirt every day to hide my plunging cleavage.
5. Mossimo Collegiate Cardigan ($20)
6. Mango Button Front Ruffle Blouse ($48)
7. Forever21 Lace Trim Chiffon Tunic ($20)
8. Miss Sixty Knee Length Skirt ($25)
9. Sanctuary Clothing Women's Sassy Fras Skirt ($20)
10. T.U.K. Vintage Mary Jane Horse Shoe Buckle Shoe ($45)
11. Madden Girl Hinge Boot ($50)
12. Steve Madden Trouser Oxford ($45)
13. Lucky Brand Womens Sergeant Twill Cargo Pant ($48)
14. Calvin Klein Essential Navy Suit Pants ($25)
15. The Limited Extra Stretch Bootcut Pant ($42)
16. Apt. 9 Ruffle Faux-Wrap Dress ($30)
17. Dorothy Perkins Sleeveless Pleat Dress ($47)
18. Earth Axxessories Peacock Scene Tote ($28)
19. Mango Apple Necklace ($39)
20. Pieces Dip Bitten Apple Necklace ($22)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.