Monica writes: Hi there! My company is having a "Live Healthy, weight-loss wellness program" (say that 5 times fast!) to get us all motivated to shed those extra pounds. It's a three-month long wellness program based on total BMI loss in a team of four people. We're competing for some fun prizes, so while it's friendly, we really want to win and get our bodies into beach mode. I want to make a little "wellness packet" to let my team know I'm here for support and to help motivate them. But not quite sure what to put in the kit. I was thinking of notes on healthy snacking, quick and efficient work-outs but that's pretty much where my ideas run out! Since there are three people on my team and they are people I'm not close friends with (they are work-mates), I'd like to keep this on the more cost-friendly side (under $100 total!) Anything I can make on the computer or by hand would be a major plus since i have a lot of craft stuff available! Thanks for letting me pick your brains!
We should all take a page from your office handbook and hop on board the Healthy Express. What a great idea y'all are working with. Hope you like my ideas for staying on track and keeping those co-workers huffing and puffing right along with ya! -Magzilla
1. DIY Snack Bags - Almonds, dried fruit and beef jerky are great snacks to keep in the office and these snack bags are great for the office desk drawer. Super easy to make, this tutorial will allow you to use your crafty genius to keep those keyboard snackers on the right path.
2. Digital Garden Magnets ($4 a piece)
3. Kleen Kanteen ($16) - Water, water, water. No diet works without loads and loads of water. Save the earth while you're at it with reusable, eco-friendly Kleen Kanteens.
4. Office Yoga ($10) - Keep those calories burning and that metabolism soaring by working yoga into everyday office activities.
5. DIY Drawstring Bag - Personalize their gift bags with a DIY gym drawstring bag. It will hopefully put the fire under their butts to hit the track even after the daily grind.
6. Print out some note cards that your co-workers can reference throughout the day when they need motivation. Tips on snacking, quotes to keep them on track or even reminders of the prizes will be just what they need to put in that extra effort.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.