Aug 4, 2011 9:57 AM
Moiraine writes: "In September I'm moving to London for graduate school (yipee!) and I'm looking to upgrade my wardrobe. I'm from NYC, but I'm not sure what the British style vibe is - also, my program is mostly international students and professionals. Ideally, I'm looking for pieces that are dress casual, but with an edge (I already have this watch!). A total bonus in all this: a burberry-like jacket and a pair a ballet flats that I can walk from my apartment (about 30 minutes away) in...I'm desperately searching for some help in this daunting task!"
OOh, girl. You are so lucky. London is one of the best places a girl can study. I all but lived in those museums. In terms of fashion, London is all about basics that are dressed up with some snazzy accessories. And I didn't add too many of those because those accessories are what make the outfit. And it should be your special touch that truly makes the ensemble pop. God speed in London, madame. Send a postcard! - Magzilla
1. YOUR WATCH! Wine Oversize Square Watch ($110)
2. H&M Knee High Riding Boots ($65)
3. Arden B. Wool Corset Coat ($75)
4. Dorothy Perkins Slash Neck Top ($20)
5. Gap Skinny Cropped Pants ($60)
6. Capacious Trousers ($88)
7. Etched Locket Necklace ($7)
8. Structured Sleeveless Skater ($98)
9. Jane Norman Lace Pencil Skirt ($40)
10. Full of Ambition Bag ($68)
11. Lauren by Ralph Lauren 'Mandell' Ruffled Blouse ($44)
12. Flower Scarf ($29)
13. Sam Edelman "Ionia" Slingback Flats ($53)
14. MIRACLE Camel Stud Bow Pumps ($55)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.