Megan writes: "I'm a recent college graduate starting a new job soon where the dress code is business casual, and I had to google what that even was. I've always worked in retail wearing all black, so I don't have a suitable wardrobe for this style, except for maybe a handful of tops I can pair with black pants. Do you have any suggestions that work for an entry level salary?"
Recently, I went through the same thing. And I've got to tell ya, neutral, monochromatic cardigans and trousers have saved my life. Combine that with some printed tanks and tops, and you are set. You can have the most fun with shoes - no one cares as much about what's going on with your feet. Simple accessories that can be layered with ease will not only make this an affordable transition, but a stylish one.
1. AnnaKastle Donegal Cable Knit Sweater ($42)
2. Slouch Pocket Open Front Cardigan ($29)
3. Forever 21 Open-Front Blazer ($30)
4. British Style 3/4 Sleeve Blends Suit Coat ($29)
5. Patterned-Sequin Tops ($10)
6. Patterned-Sequin Tops ($9)
7. Forever 21 V-Neck Tee ($6)
8. Forever 21 V-Neck Tee ($6)
9. Nude Lasercut Brogues ($27)
10. Steve Madden KOVERT Flats ($50)
11. Scarlett Lace Up Wooden Heel Shoe Boot ($30)
12. Tab-Sleeve Tee Dress ($20)
13. Mossimo 3/4 Sleeve with Buckle Waist Ponte Dress ($11)
14. Mossimo Bootcut Trousers ($28)
15. Merona Tailored Ankle Pant ($10)
16. Black High Waisted Button Trousers ($27)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Magzilla here: When I'm not busy eating my way to the bottom of a ginger candy bag, I'm tweezing my eyebrows. I prefer the hard core body modification scene but can also appreciate a ruffle or bow when I see one. Beauty and barrels of maternity/kid crap are my specialties. When you need help finding the right shade of eyeliner to match that new shade of "I haven't slept in days" tint your skin gets after a baby or four, call on me. Loudly.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.