Kaity writes: Hey there! Love you guys! You did a great job last year finding me some riding boots, I wear them all the time! So now I have another request for you, my boyfriend and I are going to Amsterdam and London in the middle of November! Its going to be 40-50 degrees outside, possibly rainy, and i don't know what to wear! Im a size 9.5 shoe, medium top (really long sleeves), size 10-12 (long!) in pants, and want some things that would be usable in different situations, day night that kind of thing. We will be going to lots of museums, walking would the cities, and maybe some clubs at night. I like classic styles, lots of color (especially blue purple, rich colors) things that show my curves, a little sparkle, and comfortable! Think Heidi Klum meets crazy artist lady. I dont really like pale colors, but otherwise im kinda open. Maximum budget would be $200 or more is there's lots of things I have to have!
Luck be the lady tonight. What a fun vacation you have planned. And what a sensible person you are, meaning that in the best, most respectful way. First off, take your boots with you. Or, if you love them too much and fear ruining them (believe me, I have $10 travel boots because of that fear), then just slip on those De Blossom boots and call it a day. For all those dresses, buy yourself a million pairs of leggings. Leggings and layering tee's are the best way to get mileage out of any wardrobe piece. And I know you're thinking "Magzilla, a sweater vest?" And yes, I mean it. But layer, layer, layer. And invest in some thermal socks. Nothing is worse than walking around all day with cold tootsies. Have a fantastic time! Send a postcard m'dear! -Magzilla
1. Tahari ASL Belted Shift ($80)
2. H&M Polo-Neck Jumper ($25)
3. 2b Draped Oversized Top ($20)
4. Calvin Klein Crochet Detailed Belted Sweater Vest ($35)
5. Principles by Ben de Lisi Purple Trench ($90)
6. SK Knit Beret ($15)
7. Any scarf will do. You can pick one up once you get there for super-duper cheap. But you'll totally want a scarf.
8. American Eagle Flap Satchel ($35) - I would never allow a close friend travel abroad without a cross-body bag so this applies to you too. When you wear the coat, put the bag on first. Losing you wallet, bus pass, museum pass and journal all in one day would ruin the whole trip. Believe me.
9. Irene Long Sleeve Thermal T-Shirt ($10)
10. ALDO Curles ($42)
11. DE BLOSSOM Firenze Double Buckle Boots ($45)
12. Esprit Soft Corduroy Pant ($22)
13. ASOS Tab Pleat Wide Leg Pants ($69)
14. Old Navy The Dreamer Boot-Cut Jeans ($30)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!