Aug 2, 2011 9:30 AM
Pearl A. wrote:"Hello Outblush!
I love your website and I find myself checking it multiple times a day when I am at work! I just got engaged a few weeks ago and I need your help finding bridesmaid dresses. I love my sister (who will be my matron of honor), but we have very different tastes in clothing. She is a little more trendy and I more classic and simple, so finding a bridesmaid dress when both like has been difficult. I need to enlist your help in finding dresses for my matron of honor and 7 bridesmaids.
1. What size (shoe or dress) are you?
I have 8 bridesmaids (including my matron of honor) who range in size from 2 - 6.
2. What is your maximum budget?
Since my bridesmaid gift will be their attire I would like to keep the dresses under $200.00
3. If this is for a wedding or event (i.e. a party, a birthday), when IS the event?
My wedding is tentatively scheduled for May 2012
4. If this is for a gift for a person, please tell us two things they like, and conversely, two things they DON'T like.
My sister is pretty picky and is not a fan of silk or strapless dresses.
I think she wants something that doesn't look like a bridesmaid dress (maybe just a long party dress) and something will a little edge or style.
5. What are you looking for? Give us specifics!!!
I am not picky, but I want the wedding will be formal so I would like the dresses to be long and in my colors. My wedding colors are champagne, ivory, blush pink and a light gray. The dresses do not even have to be the same style or same color. Our theme for our wedding is elegant and quirky. If possible, I would love for the dresses to be something my bridesmaids could wear again.
6. Please tell us if there's something you really don't like
Not, really. I am pretty open to anything.
I know you get a million requests, but I would appreciate your help! Thanks and have a great week!
Hi Pearl - congrats on your engagement & upcoming wedding! I've rounded up 14 different long dresses for you, some of which are strapless, some not (for your sister). Not all dresses are shown in one of your colors, but all are available in one or more of your colors. I also realize that several of these dresses are above your price range, but many of them are also well under, so that'll balance it all out. Hope this helps! XOXO Janetor
1. ABS by Allen Schwartz Light Gold Lace and Sequin Gown ($259 on sale)
2. Adrianna Papell One Shoulder Chiffon Dress with Bow ($168)
3. Decode 1.8 Dusty Rose Chiffon Beaded Empire Waist Long Dress ($189)
4. Cachet Beaded Gown ($200)
5. Design History Chiffon Flowers Maxi Dress ($125)
6. David's Bridal Fog Foil Chiffon Split Front A-Line with Beading ($159)
7. JS Boutique Beaded One-Shoulder Pocket Gown ($199)
8. Laundry by Design Long Strapless Dress in Champagne ($185 on sale)
9. Mignon Peony Silk Chiffon and Satin Crystal Embellished Gown ($237)
10. David's Bridal One Shoulder Gown with Pick Up Trumpet Skirt ($40 on sale)
11. White by Vera Wang Bridesmaids Draped Satin Dress with Grosgrain Sash ($168, in both blush & champagne)
12. Mignon Silver Shimmer Jersey Beaded Empire Waist Long Dress ($249)
13. (Not pictured) David's Bridal Chiffon Blouson Top with Long Skirt ($145)
14. (Not pictured) White by Vera Wang Bridesmaids V Neck Sleeveless Chiffon Column Dress ($168, in both blush & champagne)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!