Kiera S. wrote, "I recently accepted my first real life job, one which happens to be in a relatively conservative office environment. Having never worked in such a place before, I'm struggling to find work appropriate tops. I'm very petite, and have an unusually small waist, so I can't seem time find dress shirts that don't look like I'm playing dress up in my mom's clothes. I am consistently a 0/xs, and looking for some work appropriate shirts that I can afford to buy a multiples of-I'm hoping for max $50- and will work with my small waist. I'm not very girlie, so I'd rather stay away from anything bright pink or covered in ruffles and bows, however lace doesn't bother me. any advice? Thanks! Kiera S."
Congrats on your first job, Kiera! With your smaller proportions, we recommend tailored blouses and cardigans worn with colorful camisoles, that you can add belts to in order to emphasize that weensy waistline (you lucky so-and-so, you). Mix in a few fancier, printed tops with your multiple solid colored shirts and cardigans, add a few fun necklaces or pins, and you'll be stylish and work-appropriate. Work it, girl!
1. The Limited Stripe Pattern Top ($47)
2. Talbots Jewel-Button Blouse ($20 on sale, in 5 colors)
3. Above It All Top ($38)
4. The Limited Cutaway Neckline Shirt ($24 on sale, in 5 colors)
5. Talbots Charming Cardigan ($47 on sale, in 12 colors)
6. Gap Floral Tie-Neck Blouse ($40 on sale, in 2 colors)
7. New York & Co Two-In-One Chiffon Tie Front Cardigan ($50, in 5 colors)
8. Calvin Klein Stretch City Broadcloth Shirt ($20-60 on sale, in 6 colors)
9. Ann Taylor 3/4 Sleeve Pullover Blouse ($50 on sale, in 2 colors)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.