Apr 18, 2013 11:05 AM
Briana F. wrote: "After dating the perfect guy, we are finally engaged! I had bookmarked the perfect dress years ago and when I emailed a dress shop to get more information, I found out it was WAY too expensive.I love everything about this dress, except the price. I would like to spend around $1000. I live in Texas so I need to be able to find my dress and try it on somewhere in the state. I am not getting married for a year, so I have some time... Thanks!"
Congratulations on your engagement, Briana, what an exciting time! I searched high and low for lacy v-neck wedding dresses under $1000. Not all have the same ribbon sash as the Alvina Valenta original, but that would be pretty easy for a seamstress to add on (and pretty cheap, to boot). Please note, some of the prices listed are just what I was able to find through Google searching. I cannot guarantee that prices will be the same at independent bridal shops. Hopefully one of these dresses is just as perfect for you as your fiancé is! XOXO, Janetor
1. The Original: Alvina Valenta #AV9161 ($3000+)
2. Alfred Angelo #2251 ($999, click here for TX Alfred Angelo store locations)
3. David's Bridal Cap Sleeve Beaded Lace Mermaid Gown #123325 ($650 on sale, click here for TX David's Bridal locations)
4. Allure Bridals #8764 ($1,071, available for order at Bridal Boutique of Lewisville)
5. Melissa Sweet for David's Bridal Cap Sleeve Fit-and-Flare Lace Gown #MS251005 ($950, click here for TX David's Bridal locations)
6. David's Bridal Cap Sleeve Lace Over Satin Gown with Illusion Back ($724 on sale, click here for TX David's Bridal locations)
7. Aria #286FA ($975, click here for Aria retail locations - available at Unbridaled in Austin, TX)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I may spend my days wearing yoga pants and T-shirts, chasing a frenetic toddler and two cats, but I dearly love fashion and pride myself on never paying full price for clothes, shoes, or accessories. Ping me if you're seeking out formal wear, plus-size fashions, or beauty products - or if you just want to discuss the latest season of Downton Abbey or Doctor Who over a pitcher of sangria and some nachos.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.