Apr 22, 2011 9:24 AM
Abi P. wrote, "Dear Outblushers, I have an event coming up which i need some style advice for. Two old friends of mine are getting married abroad and having a wedding reception when they get back. I'm invited to the wedding reception, It will be in the evening and there will be A LOT of people i knew between the ages of 15-19 (also known as the most awkward phase of my life). I've blossomed since then and i would say i look good and i want to rub it in their faces (not all of them just a couple of the ex's who will be there). So anyway i need to look hot but not like i'm trying super hard. It's in July so it can be summery but in the evening so i might need some kind of cover up option, i'm assuming that although it's a wedding reception the dress code will be more smart-casual than formal. I'm a US size 14-16, US shoe size 10. I'm 5'10. My budget is about $200 including shoes. I like jewel colours and i struggle to find pants that fit well so a dress is my preference, i like simple classic looks, think jennifer aniston with a little christina hendricks thrown in! If i'm going to drop some cash on this i'd like to be able to wear it again if possible so nothing to shiny please! Thank you so much! You are angels! Abi"
Abi, Janetor here, and I have SO been where you are right now. You want to look as though you're just naturally fabulous and effortlessly stylish (which you are, I have no doubt), and have everyone thinking you're simply amazing when you leave. A light, breezy dress + metallic sandals or wedges paired with simple jewelry and fun hair & makeup should do the trick!
1. Kiyonna Vivienne Cinch Dress ($98, in 3 colors)
2. ASOS CURVE Gathered Waistband Dress ($25 on sale, in 4 colors)
3. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Vana V-Neck Tie Waist Dress ($129)
4. Suzi Chin Maggy Boutique Draped Matte Jersey Sheath Dress ($118)
5. Calvin Klein Festival Empire Waist Dress ($100 on sale, in 3 colors)
6. Bloom Bayou Dress ($60)
7. ASOS CURVE One Shoulder Jersey Drape Dress ($40 on sale, in 2 colors)
8. Touch of Nina Gramble Sandals ($45 on sale, in 3 colors)
9. What's What Parot Sandals ($25 on sale, in 2 colors)
10. Audrey Brooke Sandy Wedge Sandals ($45, in 3 colors)
11. Montego Bay Club Pyramid Embellished Low Wedge Sandals ($25, in 3 colors)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.