Jan 11, 2011 10:01 AM
Monica B. wrote, "Dear Outblush Staff, I became addicted to your site after my friend Leslie sent me a link to her Personal Shopper/YOU Be the Stylist Request! I love what you do and now I am looking for some help myself... I am looking for a chic LBD for a friend's wedding in mid March. The theme of the wedding is "black and white cocktail chic" and is being held at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island, Florida. The bride is a sorority sister and a true party girl; I would love to find a dress that is contemporary and fun, but not too trendy. I believe her exact words were "I don't care what you wear as long as you can dance in it". I'm looking for something that is classy but also fun and will fit the party atmosphere. I'm envisioning either a dress that has some fantastic detail that can stand on its own, or something elegant and simple that could be paired with a fantastic statement necklace (none of which I currently have in mind). I'm a size 4-6, and 5'3''.I'd like to stay under $150. I want to avoid anything that has one shoulder or a halter neckline. Thanks! Monica"
1. Hybrid Square Sleeve Dress ($147)
2. Trina Turk Raven Dress ($137 on sale)
3. ASOS Fan Pleated Bandeau Dress ($40 on sale)
4. Greylin Embellished Black Cocktail Dress ($108)
5. ASOS Tailored Pleat Front Ponti Pencil Dress ($69)
6. Jessica Howard Pleated Taffeta Dress ($90 on sale)
7. Fran & Jane Mesh Top Pleated Dress ($129)
8. See What Develops Dress ($120)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!