Apr 4, 2011 10:55 AM
Jennifer K. wrote, "Hi Outblush Editors, Ever since you guys were featured in Time magazine (back in highschool), I've been a follower. Now I am in college, and will taking an investment banking internship (i.e. lots of guys in the industry, pretty conservative, 100 hour work weeks) and I don't know what to buy for work clothes. I'd like something conservative but also stylish and I don't want to wear suits all the time either. I'd also want enough pieces that I can mix and match and not repeat the same outfit every other day. Finally, I'd top my budget at around 800 for multiple outfits, and I wear a size small. Thanks so much!"
Congratulations on the internship, Jennifer! As far as a wardrobe goes, since it's a conservative environment and you're an intern, we don't recommend trying to reinvent the wheel. The following basics should serve you well: 1 skirt suit & 1 pantsuit in different, coordinating colors, several skirts & pants in mix-and-match colors and patterns, and a variety of blouses & lightweight sweaters. Add various accessories (jewelry, shoes, scarves) to change up the look even further, and you'll be good to go. Good luck!
1. Tahari by ASL Belted Jacket & Ruffled Skirt ($182 on sale)
2. Anne Klein Three Piece Pant Suit ($150 on sale)
3. Express High-Waist Hook-and-Eye Pencil Skirt ($50, 4 colors)
4. American Apparel Vintage Printed Silk Mid-Length Skirt ($60)
5. Gap Perfect Trouser Pants ($60, 2 colors)
6. Ann Taylor Loft Julie Tweed Trousers ($70 on sale)
7. ASOS Pleated Ruffle Blouse ($54)
8. Karen Kane Banded Cowl Blouse ($75, 2 colors)
9. ASOS Linen Workwear Tailored Blazer ($72)
10. The Limited Delicate Ruffle Wrap Shirt ($45, 2 colors)
11. Violet & Claire Pleated Blouse ($44, 3 colors)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.