Jul 7, 2011 12:35 PM
Katelyn writes: "Hi! I really love your site. I'm studying abroad in Italy this fall, and really want to look pulled together and polished. I love retro or vintage type dresses, like modcloth/anthropologie. I really just want to look classic and pretty, maybe even romantic.
My maximum budget is $800. Anything that is classic or romantic is what I'm looking for, I'm having a horrible time deciding how to make a wardrobe! I've been a student intern for two years, so my closet is just full of black pants and white button ups. I need help getting variety and more feminine styles. I'm a size four in dresses and pants, and a small in tops. I wear a size 7.5 in shoes. Thank you so much and I really hope you'll help me!"
Katelyn, I put together a few outfits that I think you'll be able to mix and match easily, plus some tops you'll be able to style with your existing wardrobe. The whole thing totals $749, so now you have just a bit of extra spending cash for Italy! Buon viaggio! -Mitchy
1. ASOS Peter Pan Collar Pintuck Trim Blouse ($52)
2. Lapel Skirt ($50 on sale)
3. Lumiani Tara in Coral ($48 on sale)
4. Steer the Helm Skirt ($40 on sale)
5. Cameo French Pleated Top ($59)
6. Art Nouveau Printed Top ($38)
7. Frenchi Ribbed Back Open Cardigan in Deep Sea ($25 on sale)
8. Shabby Apple Bellissima Dress ($78)
9. English Rose Dress ($60)
10. Tulle Across the Coral Reefs Crossover Dress ($48)
11. BP Three Quarter Sleeve Jersey Cardigan in Oatmeal ($17 on sale)
12. Maggy London Lightweight Crop Cardigan ($48)
13. How to Knit Shrug in Gray ($30)
14. Forever 21 Abstract Leopard Dress ($23)
15. Clarks Book Pump ($48 on sale)
16. Birthday Wishes Top ($65)
17. Forever 21 Surplice Print Top
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.