Jul 3, 2012 11:40 AM
Lael writes: "I am looking for a dress to wear to my best friend's wedding, next month! I am the maid of honor. The color is light aqua, which is a hard one to pin down. The bride is flexible- we all choose our own, so there will definitely be a range, but the color to shoot for is essentially the color of the actual stone - aquamarine. It is a very pale aqua color.
I am 5'2", about 115 pounds, but curvy. Usually short dresses look best on me, or very long, and fitted, or tulip-shaped. The absolute most I would pay, I think, is $250. That sounds high to me, but would pay it if the dress were perfect!"
Hi, Lael! I hope something here fits what you had in mind; I kept hearing over and over that aquamarine was a big color this year and yet there was not a surplus of aquamarine dresses. If these are too pale, let me know; I have a handful of more saturated dresses that might fit the bill.
1. J.Crew Sinclair Dress in Dusty Shale Silk Chiffon ($250)
2. Alfred Sung Strapless with Matching Flower Detail Bridesmaid Dress ($170) - This one is made to order, so you'll have to call to see if you can get rush delivery.
3. ML Monique Lhuillier Bridesmaids Pleated Strapless Taffeta Dress ($228)
4. ASOS Pencil Dress With Elastic Waist ($66)
5. David's Bridal Short Strapless Cotton Sateen Dress ($80) - More styles available in this color if the strapless doesn't suit you.
6. Love Spot Mesh Belted Skater Dress ($56)
7. Dorothy Perkins Aqua Cross Over Dress ($79)
8. Oasis Stripe Fit and Flare Dress ($115)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Mitchy here: I'd be happy to never put on another pair of pants. What this means for you is that I love all kinds of dress shopping - especially cute patterned dresses and party dresses. I also love colorful apparel and jewelry as well as vintage-styled home decor. Other things I don't usually put on resumes: expert cat wrangler, road tripper, and connoisseur of bad movies.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.