Mar 7, 2011 10:29 AM
Leah H. wrote, "Hi Outblush! I am in need of some nursery help! We are expecting our first baby (its a girl!!) in March and I am on the hunt for a nightstand to put by the recliner/rocker...something functionable, unique, and fashionable. I had my eye on the Gigi Nightstand (in turquoise) at Urban Outfitters but it is no longer being sold...near as I can tell. Any help in finding something similar for about the same price (or cheaper!) would be amazing!! XOXO Leah"
Congrats on the baby, Leah! There are a couple different routes you can take; Scope out local thrift stores for a piece with similar lines, and then have your hubby paint it the right color. Or, choose one of the nightstands we picked out and paint it and/or swap out the drawer pulls. Enjoy, and let us know which one(s) you like!
1. The Sold Out Original: Urban Outfitters Gigi Nightstand
2. Nantucket End Table ($120)
3. Ikea Edland Nightstand ($80)
4. Room Magic - RM01-PP/HT - Heart Nightstand ($169, replace the heart drawer pulls with something more vintage-y)
5. Cindy Crawford Home Seaside Green Leg Nightstand ($200)
6. Ikea Hemnes Nightstand ($129)
7. Cottage Nightstand ($105)
8. Privilege - 24080 - One Drawer Farmhouse Nightstand in Vintage Green ($113)
9. PB Teen Pop-Up Storage Bedside Table ($199)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!