Jul 15, 2013 11:16 AM
Michelle writes "My close friend is getting married this summer and her wedding is victorian/steampunk themed. The bridge and groom will both be wearing custom made victorian clothing. I'm looking for a dress/gown that fits in the theme, but is more modern and subtle, so it doesn't look more elaborate compared to what they're wearing. Nothing too costume-y or over the top. -Michelle"
Trying to find a Victorian/steampunk dress without getting too costume-like was challenging! I decided to look for dresses with a built-in corset or corset-style torso, lace, dark or neutral colors, and pick-up hemlines. Depending on how formal the wedding is, you may want to keep them long or hem them to the knee. (Just in case, I found one of these dresses in both lengths for you.)
1) DP302013306 Grey Dress ($139) or DP302013307 Dress($108) for the same look, but with a longer hem.
2) Princess V-neck Sweep Train Chiffon Dress ($177)
3) Flirt - PF2149 Dress ($174)
4) Empire High Low Chiffon Satin Dress ($169)
5) Sweep/Brush Train Dress ($128)
6) V-neck Sweep Train Chiffon Evening Dress with Lace ($171)
7) Scoop Neck Floor-Length Chiffon Dress with Beading ($145)
8) Indigo Gardens Dress ($125)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Naomi here: I'm a romantic. When I shop, it's got to be love at first sight. (My favorite things to shop for have to be dresses and swimsuits.) Whether you're dressing to the nines or going beach casual for your dream vacation, I'm ready to find your next favorite look! My other hobbies: scrapbooking, DIY crafts, and baking (desserts only!).