Sep 24, 2013 10:30 AM
Colleen wrote: "Hello, I am getting married July 5, 2014 in Jamaica and am looking for a dress to wear for my rehearsal dinner. I wear a size 12 or 14 and am very busty. I'm struggling to find a lightweight dress (it gets pretty hot in Jamaica) that has straps of some kind. Being able to wear a bra is a must. The wedding colors are going to be a dark purple and jade. The dress can really be any color. I love jewel tones, corals, and of course white would be appropriate. Budget wise, I'd like to keep the cost under $100. Thanks so much! Colleen"
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, Colleen! I've rounded up seven jewel-toned dresses in lightweight fabrics that won't make you swelter any more than you have to in the Jamaican heat and humidity. Many of these pieces are on post-summer clearance, so if you like one, snap it up ASAP.
1. Banana Republic Issa Collection Red Wrap-Tie Dress ($100 on sale)
2. Ivy & Blu Maggy Boutique Printed Sleeveless V-Neck Dress ($87 on sale)
3. Ann Taylor Loft Ruffle Yoke Tie Waist Dress ($80)
4. Kensie Colorblock Lace Dress ($40 on sale, in 2 colors)
5. Adrianna Papell Floral Jacquard Fit & Flare Dress ($60 on sale)
6. Jones New York Floral Solid Jacquard Dress ($53 on sale)
7. Max & Cleo Green Topaz Tiered Stretch Cotton Andrea Sleeveless Dress ($79 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I may spend my days wearing yoga pants and T-shirts, chasing a frenetic toddler and two cats, but I dearly love fashion and pride myself on never paying full price for clothes, shoes, or accessories. Ping me if you're seeking out formal wear, plus-size fashions, or beauty products - or if you just want to discuss the latest season of Downton Abbey or Doctor Who over a pitcher of sangria and some nachos.