Mar 24, 2011 8:55 AM
Emily writes, Hi Outblush, I've been a reader for years, and have always enjoyed finding great gifts (and, I'll admit it, items for myself) on your website. I'm always so impressed by the amazing finds you guys make, and am in particular need of your help. I just found out I'll be moving to Brussels in August to teach kindergarten, and am in need of a chic and warm winter coat. I had a great one that I used for years (a dark green wool trench that hit just above the knee), but it was stolen from a bar in Dublin over New Year's. I'm a size small (4 in dresses), and I'm looking for something classic in a neutral color. (Like this, this, or coats #1, 25, and 33 here.) I know it's a bit early, but I figure it'll be easier to find things now (maybe on sale?) than it will be in the middle of summer. My budget is around $200, but I'd be flexible for something perfect.
Any help you could give me would be wonderful!
Thanks a mil,
Hey Emily, Robin here - your timing is perfect to be shopping for a winter coat! So many of these are steals given the season right now. Most come in well under your $200 budget because they're on sale. Hopefully one of these is the right coat to keep you warm and stylish. Maybe put a LoJack in the pocket so no one walks off with this one! Good luck in Brussels!
1. Guess Double Breasted Skirted Trench ($118)
2. Tahari 'Phoebe' Envelope Collar Wool Trench ($99, on sale)
3. George Simonton Studio Lambswool Blend Jacket ($119, on sale) - also in blue and black
4. ASOS Pleated Swing Coat ($69, on sale) - also in camel
5. ASOS 60's Swing Coat ($81, on sale) - also in red
6. Tommy Hilfiger Boston Pea Coat ($85, on sale)
7. Hilary Radley Wool-Cashmere Envelope Collar Coat ($89, on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!