Most of us OB editors don't have kids yet, but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate the
struggle dedication it takes to get through those first couple months of parenthood. (Plus, who can resist the sight of a cute widdwe baby?) Anyways, we, like you, read a lot of blogs, and one of our favorites is Amanda of MODGBlog.com. If you recall, we helped her find a baby shower outfit! Anyways, she recently gave birth to one heckuva cute little guy, and asked the interwebs at large for advice on how to stay sane while home alone with a newborn. That got us thinking.... What are the must-haves for a new parent?
You Tell Us: Calling all Outblush readers with kids! What are the products (and advice) you couldn't live without those first few months of parenthood?
1. Mama Mio You're Amazing! New Mama Kit ($49) - Includes Omega Super-Rich Body Cream to help revive your tired skin, a Gravida Candle to soothe your senses, and a snuggle cap for junior's wee head.
2. Amoralia Nougatime Nursing Bra ($88) - Most nursing bras are just plain ugly and don't do much to help you feel like your normal, sexy self again. This one, on the other hand, is easy to nurse Junior in and looks fabulous on those post-pregnancy ta-tas.
3. Weleda Baby Starter Kit ($10) - Scented with soothing Calendula flower, this kit includes baby cream, diaper care cream, lotion, oil, and soap for use on tender baby skin - or even on Mom.
4. Republic of Tea Get Maternal Tea ($10.50-41) - Formulated with raspberry leaf, nettles & horsetail, ginger, parsley, and other natural herbs, it's designed to help you relax, tones uterine muscles, and also provides necessary nutrients for little ones. (P.S. We think it should have been called "Maternitea".)
5. Aden & Anais Muslin Baby Wraps 4 Pack Jungle Jam Swaddle Blankets ($45) - According to friends who've been there, these are just about the best swaddling blankets around. They're lightweight and can be easily doubled up on in cold weather or left as is in warmer months.
6. Glamourmom Long Nursing Tank ($39) - Once you're finally out of the house, a cute nursing tank top like this lets you feed the baby anytime, anywhere, without exposing anything you don't want to.
7. Belabumbum Lotus Nursing Robe ($78, in 2 colors) - You may not feel glamorous with spit-up and breast milk coating every surface in your house, but this soft cotton robe with lace trim will help you feel more put together, especially if you have to answer the door.
8. Woodours Baby Activity Bear ($40) - Every kid needs a teddy bear, and this one doubles as a learning tool once baby is out of the sleeps-all-day-cries-all-night newborn stage.
9. Aquaphor Healing Ointment ($35 for 2 large jars) - Not only will this miracle goop help heal chapped, over-nursed nipples on you, but it even helps cure diaper rash on your baby!
10. Itzbeen Baby Care Timer ($25+) - Friends with kids tell us this is a sanity-saver. Every time you feed/change/soothe your little one to sleep, hit the corresponding button so you know exactly how long it's been since Junior was fed. It even includes a slider button to help you remember which side baby nursed from last. Genius!
P.S. Congrats again, MODG! We're rooting for you! (Heh. Sorry.)
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.