May 7, 2010 12:23 PM
Apparently we missed the memo circulating amongst designers that ankles are to be covered this season, lest we entice onlookers with our rounded protuberances! Who knew that ankles had such power and mystique? We might change our feelings come summer, but for now we're loving this trend and giving you some great options - covering a wide variety of colors, prices and styles.
1. Matiko Ankle Wrap Tie Sandal ($114) are the perfect ankle covering staple. Black leather, simple, classic - the perfect way to sport this trend.
2. Elizabeth and James Gypsy ($225) are your Earth mother option. Beautifully woven, this flat cuffed thong sandal is a great neutral option.
3. Hermes Sandal ($75) offer funky red adornment for your newly pedi-ed tootsies. Red fabric and leather are beautifully blended in this lust worthy, and super affordable option.
4. Coco Woven Flat Sandals ($250) come in a gorgeous teal/brown combination with woven leather and a contrast buckled ankle straps - the perfect complement to that vibrant sundress.
5. Tilla Sandals ($250) are a chic leather thong sandal that we can picture wearing long after Labor Day.
6. Chloe Buckled Canvas Sandals ($595) are adorned with dark brown leather trim and brown contrast-stitched canvas. Your bad-ass option - buckles, leather, canvas and straps combine for a strong, yet sweet gladiator.
7. Miss Me Crave-18 Thong Sandal ($30), with a flattering asymmetrical woven vamp that wraps the ankle, a 1/4" heel, a tiny price tag and tons of colors - we recommend buying several!
8. Giuseppe Zanotti Denim ankle cuff sandals ($595) make us reconsider our "No denim on the feet" rule. High class all the way, these sandals are an unexpected pick with a suit or dress.
9. Indie Stretch Sandal ($84) feature stretch canvas upper and cuff, and a cutout heel in leather by Dolce Vita. Perfect for the beach, or Sunday's in the park, this fun sandal will be your obvious choice for a simple slip on.
10. Taupe Capri Cuffed Wedge ($39) feature a faux suede wedge and zipper entry at the heel, a large slouchy cuffed ankle and a 4 1/2" heel. Simple, semi-dressy and always in style.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.