Here's a list of 10 things no woman's closet should be without - the crucial basics that are the foundation of a chic and modern wardrobe. Just from these few pieces you can build a great look for work, the perfect date outfit, meet the parents brunch appropriate apparel, and everything in between. Factor in your favorite scarves, earrings, bangles, and belts and you have infinitesimal options for looking fabulous. It's worth it to splurge on essential pieces - these old reliables never go out of style.
1. Go-to Pair of Jeans.: The Honey style by Joe's Jeans ($168) is a great example of a staple jean - simple, timeless, and well made.
2. Pencil Skirt: The pencil skirt creates a classic, slimming silhouette. This Theory Delion Skirt is superbly tailored and will accentuate your curves in the best possible way.
3. The Little Black Dress: This Vivienne Tam matte jersey dress ($189) is adorable, and will look as fresh and chic in ten years as it does today. Be sure to find an LBD that compliments your body shape and highlights your best features.
4. Black Dress Pants: These black dress pants ($80) by Banana Republic come in three different fits and lengths so you'll be sure to find the pant that fits you best.
5. Go with Anything/Go Anywhere Top: Find a top in a color and material that you love. This BCBC empire blouse ($118) in cranberry is a top you can wear with just about anything just about anywhere.
6. Trench Coat: How can you say no to something that keeps you warm and makes you look like an intriguing she-spy? Right - you can't. Say yes to this Michael Kors hooded trench ($141).
7. Basic Tees: Pick up some well-made tees in basic colors like these Banana Republic Classic Tees ($24).
8. Cashmere Sweater: Find a cashmere sweater in a color that makes you shine. The midnight blue of this CeCe cashmere v-neck ($89) is rich hue that compliments many skin tones.
9. Just Right Chinos: These Favorite Cut Chinos by J. Crew ($40) would be perfect with a cute tank and flip flops in the summer or a cowl neck sweater and riding boots in the winter. These are the pants you live in on the weekends - all year long.
10. Ballet Flats and Perfect Pumps: The Ciao Bella Frankie flats ($47) in pewter are cute, comfortable, and versatle. A hot pair of heels rounds out the list - these Delman Pumps in brown patent leather ($125) are simple and sexy (and they'll make your legs go on for days, which is never a bad thing).
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.