Oct 2, 2013 11:20 AM
Jessica wrote: "hi wonderful outblush staff!
i know i'm not giving you even close to the amount of time you ask for, but i'm desperate and hopeful....
i convinced my fiance to get a mustard shirt (I just love the color) for our engagement shoot in two weeks (in NYC-- mustard will look so good against brick townhouses!), but now i can't find a dress to match!!!!! anything you can find would be hugely helpful!
1. What size (shoe or dress) are you? 8 dress
2. What is your maximum budget? 500
3. If this is for a wedding or event (i.e. a party, a birthday), when IS the event? engagement shoot on oct 12 (SORRY ITS SO LAST MINUTE)
4. If this is for a gift for a person, please tell us two things they like, and conversely, two things they DON'T like.
5. What are you looking for? Give us specifics!!! a long sleeve a line mustard dress to wear for my engagement shoot in NYC, bad examples of what i've been able to find below:
1. this with sleeves would work (although its yellow not mustard, but i like the shape!)
2. this but with more body to the skirt would work, not that i love the texture
3. this is the perfect color
6. Please tell us if there's something you really don't like. i just want it to be a simple, flattering a line dress with long sleeves (I hate my arms and it's october) that's a decent/substantial material and will photograph well
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU"
Congratulations on your engagement, Jessica! That's quite the laundry list of must-haves, but I managed to find four mustard yellow dresses with sleeves that go to at least the elbow. Two are print, and one is lace (#3, my personal favorite). I hope one of these is "the one" for your engagement photo shoot - send us a picture of the end result!
1. August Glow Printed Dress ($45)
2. Jessica Simpson Short Sleeve Tie Collar Shirt Dress w/ Pockets ($52)
3. Taylor Dresses Women's Long Sleeve Lace Dress ($138)
4. Shabby Apple Eden Court Dress ($82)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I may spend my days wearing yoga pants and T-shirts, chasing a frenetic toddler and two cats, but I dearly love fashion and pride myself on never paying full price for clothes, shoes, or accessories. Ping me if you're seeking out formal wear, plus-size fashions, or beauty products - or if you just want to discuss the latest season of Downton Abbey or Doctor Who over a pitcher of sangria and some nachos.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.