For us, slipping into a pencil skirt isn't the most reaffirming experience. We love the look and shape of them on the hanger. But once we squeeze into one, instead of complementing our best features, we feel that it accentuates our widest. But this Jason Wu Color Block Skirt ($695 before it sold out) might make us look like we actually work on our fitness more than twice a year (New Year's and day after Thanksgiving). However, for seven big ones, we may as well hire a personal trainer. HA! So we found five alternatives that do as many mirror and smoke tricks for a lot less moolah.
1. Express Zip-Back Stretch Tweed Pencil Skirt ($70)
2. Cynthia Rowley Colorblock Skirt ($89 on sale)
3. Ann Taylor Petite Colorblock Ponte Skirt ($60 on sale)
4. Forever 21 Colorblocked Bodycon Skirt ($13)
5. Gracia Colorblock Pencil Skirt ($40 on sale)
And, as always, if you've got something you love that's out of your reach, email us and we'll find you some more budget-friendly lookalikes for a future Aspire/Acquire feature!
Ann Taylor sold out
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.