Aug 26, 2013 10:25 AM
Amber wrote: "Hi, I am Amber, looking for a yellow leather chair less than $125 (preferably within $100). I saw something like that on one of my visits to home goods but I could not find it on my next visit. Here is a picture of what I am looking to setup the home office for my hubby. Its supposed to be a surprise and I am hoping to setup his home office room in black gray and yellow (or mustard).Please help me find it online. Thank You! - Amber"
Gotta love HomeGoods, Amber - if you don't pounce on something immediately when you see it there, it'll probably be gone a day later! The chair you loved is basically an Eames Aluminum Group Management Chair (#1), which'll run you four figures. Ow. Yellow leather chairs for $125 or less pretty much don't exist, so I tried to find some yellow office/occasional chairs with the same Eames-y vibe. Several of these are one-off, vintage pieces being sold on Etsy or eBay, so if one of these strikes the right note for your hubby's office, buy, buy, BUY it now!
1. The Original or as close as it gets: Eames® Aluminum Group Management Chair with Powder-Coated Frame (from $1999)
2. Baby Spire Yellow Chair ($67)
3. Palm Springs Yellow Upholstery Accent Chair ($160)
4. Vintage Mid Century Modern "Baumrite" Yellow Vinyl Chair ($60)
5. FlashFurniture Mid-Back Task Chair with Arms ($65)
6. Vintage Yellow Pollock SteelCase Shell Chair on Wheels ($100)
7. Vintage Harter Office Chair ($150)
8. Retro Swivel Office Chair ($98)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I may spend my days wearing yoga pants and T-shirts, chasing a frenetic toddler and two cats, but I dearly love fashion and pride myself on never paying full price for clothes, shoes, or accessories. Ping me if you're seeking out formal wear, plus-size fashions, or beauty products - or if you just want to discuss the latest season of Downton Abbey or Doctor Who over a pitcher of sangria and some nachos.