Sep 9, 2013 11:00 AM
Lindsay writes: "I have lived in Texas all my life, but I'm about to move to Chicago to begin my freshman year at Northwestern. I really don't know how to dress for winter when it comes to daily outfits for class, going out to dinner or for parties and formals. To top it all off, my boyfriend of 4 years and I have decided to take a break because he'll be in L.A. and I'll be in Chicago. This means that not only do I need to figure out how to dress for winter, I want to look cute!!! There are so many frumpy sweaters and "one size fits all" tops, but those aren't great confidence boosting "I'm single and ready to mingle" pieces. It would mean so much to me if y'all could help me out with sweaters, jackets, shirts, accessories, dresses, pants, or whatever I need."
Congrats on getting into Northwestern! I'm a recent college graduate and I remember how important it was to stay stylish on a daily basis. You've got to feel pretty and be prepared to run into anyone at any time because everyone you know will live near campus. To help you stand out, I've pulled some colorful pieces that are perfect for layering and mix-and-matching. I've also got a few fashion tips to help you maintain a flirty look this winter.
1. Mooiee Furry-Collar Double Breasted Padded Coat $90 This doesn't seem to come in a small, but I took a look at the measurements and the coat's 32" waist should still hug your petite frame just fine.
2. Leopard Print Fur Ear Muffs $9
3. Red Military Double Skirt Hem Woolen Coat $80
4. Pink Multi Print Dress $39
5. Chancery Riding Boots $158 Hunter boots are like designer rain boots and if you don't have a pair you'll want one.
6. Southwestern-Inspired Mini Skirt $13
7. Walk on the Wildflower Side Boot in Cream $50
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Naomi here: I'm a romantic. When I shop, it's got to be love at first sight and I don't want to buy anything if it's less than love. My favorite things to shop for have to be dresses and swim suits. Whether you're dressing to nines or going beach casual for your dream vacation, I'm ready to find your next favorite look. My other hobbies: scrapbooking, DIY crafts, baking (dessert foods only!), keep me thinking creatively and teach me how to shop for more than the perfect outfit.