Nov 2, 2010 11:39 AM
Annette wrote, "You are either a fabulous morning ritual or a deadly addiction to me... but both are nice! So I had to buy these shoes during a very stressful day last week and now that they're here i think.. hmmmf. what am I gonna do with them? And does this mean legwear?! I haven't had nylons on since the last decade... but the whole point of tan is that super elongation you get from nude... but nylons? seriously? And what skirts are gonna work here? I'm on the heavy side of chic (god knows I'm working on it) but I'm hovering dangeriously around 14 and definately need waist assists and just don't know where to go with these shoes... pants seem a waste... A lines don't seem to look right... pencils? tweeds? thoughts? I'm far from wealthy but I do need a few work casual or upwards outfits for the winter... and they are nice wedges... anyway i'm babbling--- mostly I shop vicariously through you daily and really need someone to guide me before i wander out of the house in a tan toga. I wanted these but no tan was there, but i got these. and now I'm just not sure why..."
Annette, trousers/jeans are actually really great with wedges - it gives off a slightly 70's vibe that's very current. Keep it to wider-legged jeans with a flowy blouse or turtleneck sweater, or leggings with a long tunic top cinched at your natural waistline with a belt. Alternately, a cute straight skirt with tights would look great. Enjoy your new shoes!
1. The Shoes: Mix No. 6 Olivia Wedge Pumps ($40, 4 colors)
2. Ann Taylor Long Draped Neck Top ($30 on sale, 3 colors)
3. Charlotte Russe Paisley Chiffon Tunic ($25)
4. Classiques Entier Tie Neck Stretch Silk Blouse ($158, 2 colors)
5. Banana Republic Heritage Louise Beaded Tunic ($65)
6. Gap Cowl Sweater ($55, 8 colors)
7. Crimson Saddle Wide Double Buckle Belt ($38)
8. Joe's Jeans The Legging ($88, 2 colors)
9. Ann Taylor Curvy Corduroy Trousers ($79, 2 colors)
10. Apt. 9 Tweed Pencil Skirt ($28 on sale)
11. The Limited Wide Waistband Mini Skirt ($60)
12. Old Navy The Diva Embellished Trouser Jeans ($40, 2 colors)
13. Nordstrom 'Vertical Texture' Tights ($8 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Send us a request and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!