Tiffany writes, "I have to apologize in advance for sending such a last minute request but I realllllly hope you can help me out. I'm going to a friend's wedding this Saturday evening and bought this dress to wear. It's an outdoor wedding and while it's in the south where it's still warm during the day, it's getting chilly* in the evenings so I'm afraid I might freeze. Can you pretty pretty please help me find something to wear with my dress to keep me warm? I feel like a cardigan is too casual and a blazer is too business-y but I'm not quite sure what else would work. A good scarf, maybe? I'm so lost! I'm a size 2-4 or XS-S and my budget is around $50. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
Ok, Tiffany, we're strictly anti-scarf on this one and pashmina's are a no-no. Why? Not sure. We're in a mood. Also, we somehow missed your budget restriction (sorry!). Here are some all out inspirational pieces. More affordable options included below. Go big, or go home, honey. It's a wedding.
1. Blurring By Dress in Midnight ($50)
2. Bright Red Lurex Cardigan With Beading Detail ($110)
3. Tulle Open Front Sparkle Cardigan ($59)
4. Limited Edition Karen Millen Cropped Fur Jacket ($380)
5. White Faux Fur Shawl ($72)
6. Alice + Olivia Florence Fuzzy Cropped Jacket ($330)
7. Theme Sequin Collar Blazer ($99)
8. Talbots Double Ruffle Cardi ($90)
9. ASOS Konder Fur Circle Scarf ($81)
You probably won't have time to snag these, but we'd like to take this time to defend the dress-up potential of of cardigans and blazers. If they are a nice material and fit well, it's easy to make 'em fancy. Add a brooch, or get one with sparkly details sewn in. Here are the economical choices, as promised:
10. Mango Cardigan Christof ($50)
11. Mango Cardigan Indico ($50)
12. INC International Concepts Beaded Sweater ($58)
13. A|X Armani Exchange Marled Fur Wrap ($59)
Cashmere: When I'm not scouring the internet for treats, I'm eating the museum world whole. I'm clutch in finding design smart home decor, artful oddities, and antique's roadshow miscellany. If you have a pet that you want to shower with gifts, call on me. Put your search for a statement piece to an end; from quirky hats to art jewelry--I'm your girl.