Lissa writes: Hi! I do so hope you can help me. I may have the opportunity to go to Vegas in a few months with two of my gorgeous fashionable girl friends. Yay! However, I have no idea what to wear. We'll be there 4-5 days in early spring. Please help me come up with a starter wardrobe for this trip that can be used in my real wardrobe in real life (slightly less glamorous than Vegas, no?). I wear a size 10 pants/dress, and I'm quite tall (5'9") but not afraid to wear towering heels. I'd like to keep total purchases under $200. This is kind of for a mini-bachelorette party, so I am looking for fun going out clothes. But what do I wear during the day? Gosh, it feels overwhelming. Thanks for your help!
Hey Lissa! Robin here. Vegas, how exciting. I'm sure you'll have a blast! As far as fashion, here's the thing about Vegas: you can wear whatever you want. Anything goes. You'll be standing in the hotel lobby fresh off the plane and there will be a woman in her late 50s wearing a Celine Dion t-shirt and a fanny pack standing 3 feet away from a barely 21 year old girl wearing stilettos and a a sheer dress...at 3pm. That being said, a here are a few recommendations:
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking during the day. Those casinos are big so they look close, but they're not
- This is the time to take a fun fashion risk. Always wanted to wear a tight, short red dress? You can pull it off in Vegas.
- Add sequins, glitz and glam wherever you can. I know you want practical, but I suggest spending a little money on something that's just fun and sparkly! Accessories are a good way to go.
- A good pair of BIG sunglasses is also a must, not only because the Vegas sun is bright, but because hangovers can be brutal :)
1. Tinley Road Sequin Pocket Tank ($24)
2. Old Navy Women's Low Rise Cuffed Denim Shorts ($25)
3. Volcom Open Bar Creedlers ($32)
4. Forever 21 F4925 Sunglasses ($6)
5. Puma Arayla Sequins ($40)
6. RSVP Boreas ($41 on sale)
7. Tinley Road Strapless Dress ($44)
8.Charlotte Russe Will You Be Mine One Shoulder Dress ($35)
9. Betsey Johnson Sequin Stretch Jersey Belt ($20 on sale)
10. Forever 21 Sequin Peep Toe Stilettos ($28)
11. The Limited Perfect Party Dress ($30)
12. Lucky Brand Canaby Street Necklace ($42)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.