Dec 14, 2010 9:06 AM
Kristin writes, "Hi Outblush, I've decided I need to grow up and and stop wearing tennis shoes everywhere. I figured cute boots for winter that will last would be a good start. I tried on these at a store this weekend and fell in love with the style and how they fit. A shorter, clunkier heel that still looks cute. The only problem is that the calf is not wide enough for me to wear with jeans. I seem to run in that problem with almost all boots unless they are the ugg style. Do you have boots or brands that are wider at the top so I can wear a pair of skinny jeans underneath them? I'd be willing to go up to $200 for a pair that I will be able to wear through multiple seasons. Thanks! Kristin"
1. Blondo 'Valeska' Waterproof Boots ($195, 3 colors)
2. Comfortview Rita Mid Calf Scrunch Boots ($60-65 on sale, 2 colors)
3. Skechers Tabby Boots ($85)
4. Cloudwalkers by Avenue Roselyn Buckled Tall Riding Boots ($35 on sale, 2 colors)
5. Steve Madden Women's Maxximus Ankle Boots ($104-$130, 3 colors)
6. OTBT Petaluma Boots ($172)
7. Aldo Balduf Boots ($70-90 on sale, 3 colors)
8. Torrid Reagan Brown Rider Boots ($68)
9. Forever21 Praise Slouch Boots ($27, 3 colors)
10. Groove Women's Slouch Mid Calf Boots ($50)
11. Polini Taupe Suede Slouch Boots ($75 on sale)
12. Madden Girl Intell Boots ($60)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!