Stuart writes: "Hi - I know that you have done the derby request before, but hopefully mine is a little bit different. I am looking for an OVER the top Kentucky Derby outfit. Everything goes there and I want to look my best without breaking the bank. Can you please help me find a cute, floral dress that has a very full skirt (1-2 petticoats under there!), a bag that will fit everything I need for the day (so hard to find, since bigger purses aren't typically dressy!) and a hat that pulls it all together... with at least 1 huge flower and some feathers. Thank you so, so much!!!!
1. What size (shoe or dress) are you? Shoes size 8, dress size 0-2
2. What is your maximum budget? 200 for dress, 100 for purse, 100 for hat
3. If this is for a wedding or event (i.e. a party, a birthday), when IS the event? Kentucky Derby in May
5. What are you looking for? Give us specifics!!! Up above
6. Please tell us if there's something you really don't like. Anything goes at derby baby!"
Dearest Stuart! Carlota here. I am all about being over the top so I'm definitely your gal for this request. Hope you like my picks! Have a great time! XOXO
1. Packable Kentucky Derby Hat in Blue $55
2. Indigo Gardens Dress $125
3. Cappelli Maize Straw Bag $46
4. Packable Kentucky Derby Hat in Pink $55
5. Lady Vintage Butterfly Swing Dress $56
6. Straw Studios Adrianna Bag $29 on sale
7. Ms. Purdy Black Feather Hat $80
8. Daisy Black Cherry Swing Dress $92
9. Straw Studios Valentina Clutch $36 on sale
10. Black Kentucky Derby Hat with Roses $110
11. Teena Paige Floral Full Skirt Dress $185
12. Straw Studios Allison Bag $72 on sale
13. Spectator Run for the Roses Hat $98
14. Red Rose Halter Swing Dress $149
15. Mar Y Sol Juliette Clutch $90
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Carlota here: I'm a true girly-girl. I love strapless dresses, skinny jeans, basic ribbed tanks, lace intimates, patent peep-toes, jeweled sandals, buttery-soft leather satchels, sparkly pendants....you get the point! I also love to save cash when I can, so consider me your personal concierge when you're looking for luxury-for-less. I also have a crazy husband, two little munchkins (Carlo and Milly) and a furry yellow Lab. All of them are sweet and lovable, but they certainly do occupy a good portion of my day. However,l I do L-O-V-E shopping with a passion and finding amazing deals for myself as well as for others.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.