Jun 3, 2011 8:59 AM
Janelle writes: "Hi - I'm looking for a good eyeliner & mascara that doesn't smear and makes my lashes super long? Would love to get a good deal or maybe compare over-the-counter vs. sephora brand vs. "best selling/rated" name brand eyeliner/mascara. Thanks!"
Magzilla here. Small world time: our kids are in the same play group! WEIRD! (Not that weird. I told all you moms about our Personal Shopper feature so it's nice to know you ladies are listening.) Knowing your position in a hospital working ridiculous hours, smudge-free makeup is clearly essential. I was able to pull from my personal makeup kit and some other reputable choices that won't break the juice box. See you Wednesday!!
1. Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner ($20): A little pricey but ladies swear by this stuff.
2. CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus ($5): My personal favorite and it also makes a mean cat eye last for days. I have literally slept with this stuff on only to wear it the next day. I know, gross.
3. Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner ($5): You can pick this up in any drug store or Target.
4. E.L.F. Eyelid Primer ($1 WHAT WHAT!!): A light dabbing of primer will make sure the eyeliner stays put through your whole shift. Or date night with the Hubs.
5. Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara ($24): Online only, this stuff is worth every penny.
6. Buxom Lash Mascara ($18): This comes highly reccommended by the ladies here at Outblush.
7. CoverGirl Last Blast Volume ($6): You will never find me without this stuff. I use no other mascara and haven't in five years. Buy it online where it is way cheaper than stores in our area.
8. Bare Minerals Eyeliner Brush ($8): If you have the time, set your eyeliner with a similar shade of eyeshadow using an eyeliner brush. It keeps the moist eyeliner dry and smudge-proof.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!