Jan 16, 2011 10:47 AM
Meghan H. wrote, "Hi Outblush! I love your personal shopper feature and I've been looking for an excuse to write in for ages... Well, the time has come - I scored this amazing Kate Spade Galleria Bette dress and an insane discount and I plan to wear it to my cousins wedding in April (he's the first of my generation in the family to be married and I'm so excited!)." I am having a bit of a shoe dilemma, however. I don't want to spend too much money, since I have to travel for the wedding, too, but good quality shoes are the one thing I am always willing to spend a little extra on (I don't buy fashion over function when it comes to footwear). I am looking for something nice enough to go with the dress but that I can wear through a long ceremony and even longer reception. I was thinking of something in a purple/eggplant would look good but I am open to suggestions. I wear about an 8 or 8.5 depending on the shoes, oh, and unless it has some sort of strap around the ankle, I can't do heels more than an inch or so high. Thanks! Meghan"
CUTE dress, Kate - and major props to you on scoring such a great discount on it! We think you could go any number of directions with that adorable frock: T-straps, peep-toes, etc, in brown, gold, bronze, blue, or purple. Hope you like one of the pairs we found, below - let us know!
The Dress: Kate SPade Galleria Bette Dress ($212 on sale)
1. MaxStudio Salsa Sandals ($77 on sale)
2. Spiegel Patent Leather T-Strap Sandal ($22 on sale)
3. Stuart Weitzman Marimbow Pumps ($209 on sale, 2 colors)
4. Stuart Weitzman Gigiritz Pumps ($238 on sale, 5 colors)
5. Nina Women's Culver Peep-Toe Pumps ($80, 7 colors)
6. Kate Spade New York Bloom Pumps ($330)
7. Pelle Moda Women's Fact Sandals ($105-150 on sale, 5 colors)
8. J.Renee Women's Shona Slingback Sandals ($85, 5 colors)
9. Nine West Women's Pershing 2 T-Strap Sandals ($53-79 on sale, 4 colors)
10. Badgley Mischka Kamille Sandals ($185)
11. (Not shown) Naturalizer Princeton Sandals ($70 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!