Nov 15, 2010 10:37 AM
Mandy writes, "Hi... I love your website, and look forward to my daily emails. I was hoping that you could help me. I have a romantic getaway weekend planned for mid November in Wisconsin (cold), and I want a couple sexy outfits to wear. I am having a hard time finding sexy and warm. I was thinking maybe layers.... we won't be outside the entire time, planning on going to some clubs etc.... Thanks so much. Mandy S."
Janetor here, Mandy, and I went to college in the Midwest, so I know cold weather. Think the following: Low-cut or off-the-shoulder sweaters or sweater dresses (you can add a camisole underneath for extra warmth), wool leggings or tights, skinny jeans, and knee-high boots. Seductive, but warm. And, above all, don't forget a coat, scarf, and gloves - turning blue in the name of looking "hawt" is so not worth it! Do smokey eyes and tousled, curly hair, add a little perfume and jewelry, and you'll be one sexy snow bunny.
1. Victoria's Secret Cotton Cross-Front Sweater ($38, 8 colors)
2. Guess? Dusk Sweater ($59, 5 colors)
3. BCBG Max Azria Joyce Skinny Jeans ($98)
4. Annie Shoes Women's Merit Knee-High Boots ($80)
5. Berman Black Tulip Sweater Cocktail Dress ($129)
6. Arden B. Sweater Surplus Belted Dress ($59)
7. Bebe Off-Shoulder Ribbed Dress ($59, 2 colors)
8. Tory Burch Thona Wool Leggings ($150, 4 colors)
9. Falke Sensual Touch Silk & Wool Tights ($46)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Send us a request and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!