Samantha writes: I love this blog I read it everyday, and I love that it finds dresses for certain events for people. I finally have a event and I need help finding a dress. I'm going to the marine corps ball in November and I need an evening gown that is tasteful but youthful. I'm a college student and I want to look reserved but stylish thank you for your help!!
The best way to be the belle of the ball at these sorts of shindigs is to avoid all poofy gowns and super short hoochie length dresses. Believe me, there will be enough of them and you don't want to fit in with that crowd. Stand out with a regal dress or a truly eye-catching dress. But stand out for the right reasons. And don't drink a whole bottle of wine to yourself before appetizers. It won't look good with the dress. Take it from me, Magzilla.
1. Badgley Mischka Platinum Label Strapless Bow Gown ($347)
2. Hoaglund One-Sleeve Jersey Gown ($375)
3. Mikael Aghal Sequin-embellished Crepe Gown ($278)
4. JS Boutique Cutaway Shoulder Beaded Waist Gown ($158)
5. Mango Evening Gown ($248)
6. Mikael Aghal Lamé Bubble Dress ($130)
7. French Connection Golden Samantha Dress ($298)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.