Stephanie writes: "Hi Lovely Outblush Ladies! I'm in a bit of a pickle. My dad just got a sailboat and I would love to learn how to sail. The problem? I'm a big gal (size 26) and burst into flames when I get more than 5 minutes of sun (very, very fair skin). I'd really like to spend this time with my dad and not let my size or vampire-like qualities get in the way. So, the question is, what in the world do I wear?? We're in the south, so swimming will be involved. I'm also quite self-conscious about my hips/thighs and upper arms - I never wear anything above knee length usually wear elbow length or longer sleeves, though I understand that I may need to go sleeveless for swimming obviously. I'm 5'5" with large bust, a slightly defined waist line and large tummy. My budget is as low as possible but still good quality. Thanks for helping me get out in the world and onto the water!"
Girl, I grew up on the water in the south. Maybe I'll see you there this summer (PS, look for Magzilla). And there is nothing more liberating than getting out on the open water, feeling the breeze on your face with the dolphins dancing around your boat. No sailing outfit is complete without some boiled peanuts and Top Siders and make sure to bring along a big ole floppy sun hat. Set sail and send us a post card!
1. Sheer Paisley Tunic ($59) I mean honestly, how beautiful is that?
2. JMS Cover Up ($40) It does hit right at the knee, the model is just flashing some skin.
3. Beach Belle Mesh Pants ($17) If you decide pants are a better option for getting around the boat, these will keep you covered and cool (also in white).
4. Treading Water One Piece ($45) Keep the girls in place in style. (Go look at that link just to check out the Photoshop fail on the model's hand.)
5. Mora Halterkini ($89) This website definitely has the cutest stuff in your size for just a touch more money.
6. 5-Pocket Stretch Cuff Short ($20) A multitude of color options for a cheap price means buying as many as you like to suit your newly sun-kissed bod.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!