Gina writes: "Anything that you would suggest to feel better during pregnancy ! Im currently 22 weeks (finally made it through my first trimester- it was rough- I had spontaneous barfing) and looking for a pic-me-up. Dresses, makeup, food anything!"
Oh, girl. So many of us feel your pain, both physically and emotionally. There are a lot of great, beautiful, and memorable moments during pregnancy. But there are just as many uncomfortable, ugly, and cannot-be-forgotten-soon-enough ones. You have to think of pregnancy just like you have to think of labor: it will be over eventually, this pain physically cannot last forever. So hold strong, grab a few things to get you through these last months, and then send us baby pictures!
1. Tervis Colored Leopard Wrap with Lid ($19) I drank a million gallons of water while I was pregnant and my Tervis tumbler was one way to ensure I always had a glass at hand. -Magzilla
2. Merona® Maternity Sleeveless Knit Dress ($20)
2.a. Merona Maternity Sleeveless V-Neck Knit Dress ($25) I say invest in one or two pretty, comfortable summer dresses. I know I went somewhat sparse on maternity clothes because they're so damn expensive, but I'm so glad I bought a few dresses that made me look waaay more put together and confident than I usually felt. -Layla
3. Kate Somerville's Golden Glow Kit ($58) AMAZING! -Carlota
4. Hot Spa Foot Bath Massager with Vibration & Heat ($95) - Found of You
5. Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow ($53) -Janetor
6. Chimes "The Original" Ginger Chews ($4) If I wasn't barfing, I was close to it. These helped tremendously. -Magzilla, again.
7. Margarita Mama ($11) It has a recipe for a margarita that almost tricks me into thinking I'm drinking tequila. -Found of You
8. Pre-Natal Massage at your local spa ($$) Once you get one, you'll understand why we recommend it. Highly.
Magzilla here: When I'm not busy eating my way to the bottom of a ginger candy bag, I'm tweezing my eyebrows. I prefer the hard core body modification scene but can also appreciate a ruffle or bow when I see one. Beauty and barrels of maternity/kid crap are my specialties. When you need help finding the right shade of eyeliner to match that new shade of "I haven't slept in days" tint your skin gets after a baby or four, call on me. Loudly.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.