Jun 17, 2013 10:40 AM
Gwyn writes, "Hello wonderful Outblushians. I am traveling to London the last week of June and am in search for a pair of fashionable travel shoes. I'm looking for something that is comfortable to walk around all day without looking like a frumpy tourist. Do you have any recommendations?"
Hey, Gwyn! I think the trick to looking good in London re: footwear is combining comfort with understated style. Though my particular choices for you include easy slip-ons and sandals, many of the brands also carry comfy lace-ups if you prefer a tennis shoe. Have fun, and take lotsa pictures!
1. Steve Madden Heaven Leather Flat ($40) These may have less sturdy soles than the other pairs, but they're a personal favorite. They're my go-to flats and needed virtually no break-in period!
2. Keen Sienna MJ Canvas ($75)
3. UGG Australia Delizah Shoe ($80)
4. Bensimon Tennis Elastic Sneaker ($55) Bensimons are a European favorite!
5. Aravon Clarissa Sandal ($135)
6. Gee'WaWa Belle Ballet Sandal ($99)
7. ECCO Angel Bow Flat ($130)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Layla here: At a strapping 5'2", I've got plenty of tricks up my sleeve for fellow petite girls who need to look fashion fabulous. Plus, I make all of my beauty purchases online just so I can get free trial size samples in the mail. If you're not sure about a product, chances are I've tried it! I'd be glad to recommend my favs. I also have a knack for men's apparel and gifts, especially geek guy gifts, thanks to the expertise of my own gadget-inclined guy.