Jul 17, 2012 11:55 AM
Minti writes: "I'm a huge fan of outblush and was hoping you might be able to help me out with a fashion dillema. I (against my better judgement) will be going on a camping trip in July in Caliornia and Oregon. The temperatures will be in the 60s and 70s during the day and cooler in the evening. We will be doing some hiking (no clue what that means besides walking outside in flat shoes) and other outdoorsy activities. I want to look cute, but not like a fool who hasn't ever been on an outdoor adventure. Help!"
1. North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR III ($120) For just walking in the woods.
2. North Face Havoc Mid GTX XCR ($160) For actual hiking in the mountains.
3. Alejandra Sky Gretchen Racerback Yoga Tank ($41) For during the day.
4. Under Armour ColdGear Fitted Longsleeve Crew ($50) For setting up camp.
5. Adidas Women's Hiking Hike Capris ($60) For obvious reasons.
6. Lululemon Scuba Hoodie ($108) For keeping warm around the fire.
7. Buff Headwear ($20) For wearing as a headband, sweatband, wristband, blindfold, beanie, etc.
8. Nalgene N-Gen ($7) For staying as cute as possible, because dehydration looks good on no one.
Magzilla here: When I'm not busy eating my way to the bottom of a ginger candy bag, I'm tweezing my eyebrows. I prefer the hard core body modification scene but can also appreciate a ruffle or bow when I see one. Beauty and barrels of maternity/kid crap are my specialties. When you need help finding the right shade of eyeliner to match that new shade of "I haven't slept in days" tint your skin gets after a baby or four, call on me. Loudly.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.