Dec 26, 2010 9:46 AM
Nocona writes, "I'm requesting something for my mother. We have searched and searched for matte eyeshadow pallets to no avail. As you age your eyelids become less 'tight' and the frosty shades seem to accentuate the wrinkles she is trying to cover up. Please help us find a few shadow sets that will give my mom the youthful look she is after. (neutrals are best, but she also likes purples and plums) Thanks!"
Nocona, the problem with many palettes is that they contain both matte and shimmer/frosted eyeshadows. If she wants true matte, she may want to consider purchasing individual eyeshadow shades from companies like Urban Decay, MAC, NARS, or L'Oreal.
1. Giorgio Armani 'Maestro' Eyeshadow Quad ($59, in 6 color combos)
2. Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eyeshadow ($7, in 4 color combos)
3. L'Oreal Wear Infinite Quads Eye Shadow, Wood Rose 104, Matte-Rich ($7)
4. Dr. Hauschka Eyeshadow Palette - Stone Colours Collection ($43)
5. Isadora Eye Shadow Palette 50 Matte Chocolates ($19)
6. L'Oreal HiP Matte Shadow Duo ($10, in 5 color combos)
7. L'Oreal Wear Infinite Quads Eye Shadow, Very Violet 514 ($2)
8. Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow Intense Shadow ($17, in 6 colors)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!