Aug 17, 2012 11:05 AM
Mary writes: "Can you help me find the perfect little black dress?"
Alena writes: "Help! I am in need of the perfect LBD and you guys have yet to fail me! My parents hold an annual charity event to support Parkinson's in September and I am in need of the perfect dress. After living in NYC for the first time this summer, I realized that I need to add a little more black to my wardrobe, so I thought why not start with a dress for the event. I like simple yet unique and am open to any type of silhouette. My boyfriend is also going to be there and I want to look sexy yet sophisticated since it is a charity event. I am 5-6 and wear usually a 0-2 in dress sizes. Can't wait to see what you find!
p.s. if you happen to find any amazing shoes to go along with it I wouldn't stop you from adding those in too!"
We bet nearly every woman on this planet has gone in search of the perfect little black dress at some point in her life. And there are a million generic options on the market. But we would never give you generic. We give you refreshing, entertaining, and memorable. So for a Personal Shopper that applies to almost everybody, we present the following options:
1. J. Mendel Asymmetric Peplum Dress ($1,790)
2. J.Crew Mirabelle Dress ($265)
3. ASOS CURVE Exclusive Swing Dress With Embellishment ($94)
4. Three Dots Jersey Boatneck Dress ($158)
5. Polka Dot Notations Bodycon Dress ($45)
6. McQ ALEXANDER MCQUEEN X Ray Print Bodycon Dress ($331)
And some shoes.
1. ALDO Playas Sandal ($100)
2. Iron Fist Tomorrows Sorrow ($55)
3. Speed Limit 98 Electric Blue Peep Toe Platform Pump ($30)
4. Vince Camuto VC Signature Phoebe Gold ($70 on sale)
5. G by Guess Gambol Booties ($60 on sale)
Magzilla here: When I'm not busy eating my way to the bottom of a ginger candy bag, I'm tweezing my eyebrows. I prefer the hardcore body modification scene but can also appreciate a ruffle or bow when I see one. Beauty and barrels of maternity/kid crap are my specialties. When you need help finding the right shade of eyeliner to match that new shade of "I haven't slept in days" tint your skin gets after a baby or four, call on me. Loudly.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!