Gin's mom gave her the Ballard Designs Charleston Mirror (#1), and she writes, "It looks great propped up on on my mantle (which is narrow--only about 6" wide), but I can't seem to find the right accessories to finish the look...I've tried candles, vases, random knickknacks, but nothing seems to look right. I'm not allowed to paint the walls in my apartment, so I would love to add some color to the room. I'm still in the early stage of decorating my apartment but I'm striving for a "Southern with a modern twist" theme. I'm willing to spend up to $250 to get this right. Any suggestions/ideas/inspirations would be much appreciated."
Hey, Gin, Cashmere's here to give a few tips on accessorizing this iron arch mirror. It's got great architectural lines, but it'll feel heavy unless ya balance it with a few delicate items. Choosing glass pieces or other high gloss pieces will lighten the mood too. Oh, and since you're working with such a narrow space, use wall decorations to set the tone. Great instincts with accent colors.
3. Umbra Tweet Wall Décor Mirrors ($18 / set of six)
5. Modern Wall Candle Sconce ($10 / pair)
7. Etched Globe Spirits Decanter ($59)
8. Segmented Wooden Pear Trinket Box ($23)
10. Elements Gunmetal Resin Chess Pieces ($20 / set of three)
11. Emerald Green Glass Decanters ($250)
12. Milanese Glamour Table Top Clock ($79)
13. Tag Pressed Glass Fleur de Lis Tea Light Lantern ($26 / set of twelve red and green)
14. Flat Radiant Red Vase ($80)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.