Dec 2, 2011 9:59 AM
Mary writes, "Hello! I need your help! I am a university student and I am in need of a messenger bag for my Macbook, books, and other crap that accumulates overtime in my bags. It was your post about the Pamela Fugate "I Like Big Books And I Cannot Lie" messenger bag that triggered my desire. I love the shape of this bag, over the traditional horizontal, briefcase-shaped bags. I am open to material options. I do enjoy canvas, but I like a leather-canvas mix as well. I would like it to have a cross-body strap. I am not completely opposed to zippers, but just as long as they are covered by a flap. My budget is $200. Thank you Outblush!"
***The bag post Mary is referring to is this one***
Vertically oriented bags are rare, but we are game, obvi. Mary, if you want a cut and dry canvas style, those fold over field bags are best found on Etsy. We liked #3, but there are plenty more where that came from.
1. Salvaged Leather Field Bag ($200)
2. Freshman Leather Backpack / Crossbody ($188)
3. SHINKANSEN Bullet Train Pictogram Canvas Field Bag ($26)
4. Mischa Barton Emile Leopard Purse Detailed Tote ($120)
5. Marta Jonsson leather cross body bag ($190)
6. I Love Binetti Orion Plaid Tote ($190)
7. Bric's Messenger Bag ($160)
8. Obey Convertible Tote Backback Bag ($110)
Cashmere: When I'm not scouring the internet for treats, I'm eating the museum world whole. I'm clutch in finding design smart home decor, artful oddities, and antique's roadshow miscellany. If you have a pet that you want to shower with gifts, call on me. Put your search for a statement piece to an end; from quirky hats to art jewelry--I'm your girl.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.