Aug 18, 2011 9:26 AM
Kristi writes : "Much to the dismay of my husband, I have chosen a new color palate for my kitchen. I have decided on orange (more toward the salmon end of the spectrum), turquoise, and lime green. With white and cream as my neutrals. I am having a hard time finding those colors mixed together in accessories for the kitchen. I need something with the colors together to make the room look cohesive. PLEASE HELP! I have oodles of room in my kitchen for knick-knacks and framed pieces. I would like to spend under $100 for all of the pieces together. Might it be a challenge?? YES! Can you handle it??? YES!!"
You were right about this one being a challenge, Kristi. I'll admit we're over budget here, but I hope you can mix and match these items to your liking. There's not a great deal of lime and turquoise AND orange kitchen stuff out there, and if there is, there's either a billion other colors in it too (1) or it's way too expensive for what it is (2). But here's a small selection, plus a few other things in your colors - I am confident you can still make it look cohesive with solids, especially if you invest in some Fiestaware (12-14). Much to my husband's dismay, I have eleven different colors of Fiesta in my kitchen, but they all still manage to go together. These three colors are Lemongrass, Turquoise, and Tangerine, but you might find the discontinued Persimmon shade to be more of the salmon-y color you're looking for. If the Fiesta isn't on sale when you get this, just wait around; it's almost always on sale at Kohl's or Macy's. Also, if you have a Macy's (or another Fiesta retailer nearby, keep a watch on their home clearance section for some steals). For your walls, check out art by Etsy sellers (6-7) and see if they'll custom make a print for your colors. Wish I could have found you more! -Mitchy
1. Kelley's Paper Crafts Wood Recipe Box ($29)
2. beadbijoux Mod Retro Fridge Flower Fused Glass Magnets ($20 for a set of 5)
3. Tervis Fiesta Tumblers in Citrus Ripple ($12-16)
4. The Stationery Studio Orange Turquoise Prep Cutting Boards ($36)
5. Pookie and Jack Cloth Napkins 4 Piece Set ($14)
6. lolabags Pyrex Daisy Print ($10)
7. erinink Yellow and Orange Fridgies Art Print ($8)
8. Retro Square Wall Clock in Turquoise ($30)
9. Lady Figurine Jennifer Milk Teal ($5)
10. Reston Lloyd Colander ($15)
11. ArtOnPorcelain Colorful Egg Cup with Mosaic in Spring Colors ($17)
12. Fiesta Lemongrass Canisters ($43-52 on sale)
13. Fiesta Turquoise Gravy Boat ($27 on sale)
14. Fiesta Tangerine Covered Butter Dish ($22)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.