Apr 4, 2013 11:05 AM
Jena wrote: "1. What size (shoe or dress) are you? 8.5 or 9 shoe
2. What is your maximum budget? $75
3. If this is for a wedding or event (i.e. a party, a birthday), when IS the event? Wedding, August 10, 2013
4. If this is for a gift for a person, please tell us two things they like, and conversely, two things they DON'T like. N/A
5. What are you looking for? Give us specifics!!! My cousin is getting married and is insisting all the bridesmaids get light grey heels to match the guys light grey suits. I have been searching for months and have yet to find any grey wedges that aren't $150 or more. Its a summer outdoor wedding, so she wants wedges so we don't sink into the grass (makes sense), silver is NOT ok with her, and it would be great if they were strappy or open toed.
6. Please tell us if there's something you really don't like. The rest of the bridesmaids and myself really hate wedges with the braided rope look on the heel part.
Gee, a bride with specific tastes? Perish the thought! (Kidding, kidding!) This was a bit challenging, Jena, for the reasons you mentioned above - wedding-appropriate, not silver, no rope-y detail, under $150. Your best bet may be dyeable shoes, which can be custom tinted to the exact grey your cousin wants. If that works for you, check out #'s 2, 6, and 8. Hope one or more of these will work!
1. Blowfish Conchita Wedge Sandals ($45)
2. Lucy by Touch Ups ($55)
3. rsvp Scoop Wedges ($79)
4. Lulu Townsend Chic Wedge Pumps ($50)
5. Paris Hilton Shelly Platform Wedges ($89)
6. Madison by Touch Ups ($52)
7. Michael Antonio Gracey Wedges ($60)
8. Dyeables Minka Wedge Pumps ($69-74 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I may spend my days wearing yoga pants and T-shirts, chasing a frenetic toddler and two cats, but I dearly love fashion and pride myself on never paying full price for clothes, shoes, or accessories. Ping me if you're seeking out formal wear, plus-size fashions, or beauty products - or if you just want to discuss the latest season of Downton Abbey or Doctor Who over a pitcher of sangria and some nachos.