Madeleine M. wrote: "Hello! I have been searching everywhere for either the exact dress Kate Middleton wore last summer (2010) at a polo match: Or a very similar dress: I want the mint/sage green color and light tuxedo ruffles. I would like wear the dress to my engagement party in July 2011. I wear a size 6-8, and my budget is as small as possible, but I will go up to $200. Thanks in advance for any leads you can provide -- I certainly appreciate it! -Madeleine"
Hi Madeleine, Janetor here: My interwebular research says this is a dress by British designer Zara, and I did find a nearly identical dress in their summer '11 lineup (#1), but it's not available in green. I also pulled 2 additional Zara dresses (#2 and #4), which are also not available in green although the silhouette is similar. Other than that, it was pretty difficult to find the exact combo of mint/sage green & ruffles, so I found a lot of dresses in the same style & feeling as the original. Hope one of these is just right!
1. Zara Dress Style 0367/027 ($60, in 2 colors)
2. Zara Layered Dress ($40, in 2 colors)
3. Calvin Klein Mint Stretch Chambray Tie Waist Dress ($89)
4. Zara Dress with Draped Top ($80)
5. Ruche Finesse Floretta One Shoulder Dress ($43)
6. Shabby Apple L'Amour Dress ($88)
7. Lulu's Lime in the Coconut One Shoulder Green Dress ($48)
8. Chinti And Parker Anyhow Pleat Dress ($139 on sale)
9. Artemis Haven Ruffle Dress ($35)
10. Yuki Connie Fold Dress ($124)
11. RSVP Melissa Pintuck Dress ($103 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.