Justine writes: Hi ladies! I have been very curious about the monthly beauty boxes that have been EVERYWHERE lately. I mentioned to my husband I think they're cool and interesting, but I wanted to know your take. Do you have a favorite? Maybe there's one that has the best bang for your buck?
Girls, we thought we knew all the best beauty boxes out there. We were completely wrong. Since this recently-revived idea has caught steam, there has been an explosion of companies that ship out samples of quality products monthly. Some allow you to customize your box while others just ship a box full of surprises on the first of every month. Some are eco-friendly, some are all about the budget, and others are focused on the best of the best regardless of price. These thirteen available subscriptions are constantly selling out, so make sure you check back with their respective sites as often as necessary to get your name on the lists.
1. Eco-Emi ($15/month) Eco-friendly products ranging from makeup to goodies for animals and organic food.
2. The Sample Lounge ($15/month) Receive sevenn healthy beauty and skincare products each month, plus promotions from their participating brands.
3. Spirit Beauty Lounge ($15-25/month) Choose your samples for $25/month or choose from a selection of pre-assembled packages for your particular skin type for $15/month. All organic.
4. The White Apricot ($15/month) A selection of the best organic and vegan beauty products. Comes in eco-friendly packaging; has one of the larger families of participating brands.
5. Amarya Beauty Box (£10/month) A subscription service specializing in organic products for our readers in the UK.
6. Conscious Box ($19/month) One of the most expensive services, but it is chock full of goodies, heavy emphasis on snack items.
7. Blissmobox ($19/month) Eat your way to health; mostly food with the occasional beauty product.
8. Glymm ($10/month) One of our favorites, this box comes packed with samples of the kind of high end stuff you often read about here on Outblush.
9. GoGoGirlfriend ($7/month) This membership includes the monthly box, reward points, monthly giveaways and discounts in their retail store.
10. Birchbox ($10/month) Widely reviewed as the best in the business, Birchbox takes the cake in deluxe sample availability.
11. Loose Button ($12/month) They offer the most deluxe-sized samples, which makes them the best bang for your buck.
12. Pink Moment ($12/month) Another eco-friendly company, they offer the most beauty as opposed to snackage.
13. Beauty Army ($12/month) They are the only company that allows you to choose from a selection of samples so you know what you're getting in each box.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Magzilla here: When I'm not busy eating my way to the bottom of a ginger candy bag, I'm tweezing my eyebrows. I prefer the hard core body modification scene but can also appreciate a ruffle or bow when I see one. Beauty and barrels of maternity/kid crap are my specialties. When you need help finding the right shade of eyeliner to match that new shade of "I haven't slept in days" tint your skin gets after a baby or four, call on me. Loudly.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.