Lily wrote, "Dear Outblush! I have to admit I am a total addict and check your blog several times a day. I only wish you would be able to post on a 24-hour basis - but i guess you guys need your sleep too! Thanks for making my life easier. ;) I am getting married this summer and have found the perfect dress for me. Since the dress is fairly simple and elegant, i would like to pair it with the perfect accessories. My initial thought is to wear my hair down but perhaps include a headband or a pin in the sweetheart neckline. If you think this is silly, please let me know! Please help me find the right combination of accesorries so that my dress remains elegant and classy, but not boring. Thank you so much!"
Lily, you have strong instincts - a brooch or pin at the center of the sweetheart neckline, plus a headband or barrette and earrings, would be perfect! It would draw attention to the neckline and the simplicity of your dress without overwhelming it. We've picked out a few options for you ranging from simple to elaborate.... Let us know what you think, and congratulations on your engagement!
Headbands & Hair Clips
1. Bridal101 Bridal Hair Comb ($62)
2. France Luxe Triple Strand Pearl Headwrap ($30)
3. Portobello Jillian Rhinestone Headpiece ($259)
4. Untamed Petals Poppy Triple Bridal Headband ($165)
5. Tasha Simple Sparkle Headband ($38)
6. Aldo Balandran Barrette ($12 on sale)
9. Tinley Road Ribbon Brooch ($28)
10. Kate Spade Ice Queen Brooch ($101 on sale)
11. Swarovski Laureen Brooch ($140, wear vertically in sweetheart neckline)
12. Anna-Rosie Feather Inspired Leaf Crystal Rhinestone Brooch Pin ($14)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!