Aug 17, 2011 12:20 PM
Sabrina G. wrote: "Help please! I got engaged this past January, and my wedding is set for next April. The first thing on my list to get was some hot pink shoes for the wedding...cause this would be a fun easy thing to do right?! Au contraire...this has turned out to be quite an annoying task. The first few pairs I bought were the perfect color (hot pink...not coral, not bubblegum) but had to be returned because I was taller than the groom to be. Oops. Apparently I'm taller than I realized. So I thought I would just get some cute flats. So far I have had NO luck in finding what I'm looking for and I'm getting very frustrated. Please help!
1. What size (shoe or dress) are you? Size 7.5
2. What is your maximum budget? $150
3. If this is for a wedding or event (i.e. a party, a birthday), when IS the event? My wedding, April 2012
4. If this is for a gift for a person, please tell us two things they like, and conversely, two things they DON'T like.
5. What are you looking for? Give us specifics!!! I am looking for hot pink flats, open toed, with some kind of wedding glam. Big flower, or a bow, or some bling....just something that makes it work for a wedding. A one inch heel would be ok as well.
6. Please tell us if there's something you really don't like. The biggest problem I have had is color! Everything seems to be the wrong pink...either coral, blush pink or bubblegum. I don't like any of those. I want good old fashioned hot pink :)"
Hi Sabrina, congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding - how exciting! I managed to find six pairs of truly hot pink flats in your size & price range, though not all of them are what I'd term "wedding shoes." However, you could also get some dyeable flats and have them dyed to the EXACT shade of hot pink you want (see #'s 7-9), and/or jazz up some of the plainer flats with these Picotee Bright Pink Flower Shoe Clips ($14) or these Finkshop Soft Hot PInk Bloom Layered Tulle Corsage Shoe Clips ($19), or even some jeweled clips for bling. Hope this helps! XOXO -Janetor
1. Funtasma by Pleaser Star-16G Flats ($45)
2. Me Too Lilium Flats ($62 on sale)
3. OlsenHaus Recycled Babylon Flats ($75 on sale)
4. Me Too Ladon Flats ($62 on sale)
5. Gabriella Rocha Ady Flats ($69)
6. Dolce Vita Lulu Flats ($79 on sale)
7. Pink by Paradox London Flower Flats with Ornament ($80)
8. Cole Haan Ceci Air Rose Ballet Flats ($119)
9. Dyeables Anette Flats ($65)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect patent purse, go-everywhere crossbody, or haute handbag you have to have? Send us your request and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!