Feb 24, 2011 9:33 AM
Katie G. wrote, "Hi Outblush! My friends and I read your site daily and whenever anyone has a fashion block we say "ask Outblush!", but now I REALLY need your help...I have grad school interviews in March and the weather is unseasonably warm here in South Carolina (75 degrees on Valentine's Day!), so I'm stumped as to what to wear. I need something cute and Spring-like, but also professional (I don't think it has to be a suit). I'm a size 12 and hourglass shaped. Thank you! You'd be saving me so much stress!!!"
Hi Katie! We've picked out a couple of classic wrap dresses, and two print skirts paired with either solid blouses, or a camisole + light jacket - not suits, but still formal enough to impress the interview panel. Good luck! We know you'll do an amazing job!
1. Boden Sateen Pencil Skirt ($78, in 4 colors)
2. Anne Klein New York Diagonal Pleated Blouse ($135 on sale)
3. The Limited Petal Sleeve Jacket ($128)
4. (Wear w/ #3) Vanity Fair Soft Essentials Microfiber Camisole ($15 on sale, in 3 colors)
5. JB by Julie Brown Eclipse Stripe Jersey V-Neck Wrap Dress ($125)
6. Suzi Chin Maggy Boutique Ruched Faux Wrap Dress ($98, in 7 colors)
7. Calvin Klein Industrial Stripe Pencil Skirt ($69)
8. Jones New York Must Have Washable Georgette Blouse ($69, in 3 colors)
9. (Wear w/ #10) The Limited Flower Tank ($45)
10. Gap Lightweight Crepe Blazer ($98)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!