Malcolm writes, Hi! With Father's Day coming up, I need to find something nice for my Dad. My two older brothers don't have their act together (or my level of intelligence), so I'm stepping up. My dad's a good guy, but he spends a lot of time being yelled at by my mom, or cleaning up after some major messes me and my three brothers create. He tends to get really focused on bizarre hobbies and activities like speedwalking and figure skating. All in all, I think he could just use a break from our crazy family, but that's not gonna happen. (Life is unfair.) Thanks!
Hey Malcolm, how sweet of you to be looking out for your Dad. I tried to round up some things that would make him feel appreciated and maybe give him a little rest from what seems like a pretty hectic life. Hopefully one of these options works out! -Robin
1. Vasque Transistors ($76) will give your Dad a reason to get out of the house for a walk, and no matter how slow he goes, these shoes will make him look fast.
2. Really Cool Dad Apron ($17) might be a little cheezy, but it's a chance to let your Dad know you care. Plus, if he's outside grilling, he's not inside keeping an eye on you and your brothers!
3. Sennheiser Wireless Headphones ($47) will let your Dad listen to music or the television without the noise pollution from your chaotic household.
4. Beer Making Kit ($40) gives your Dad another hobby to try out with the benefit of a delicious beverage once he's perfected the craft.
5. The Complete Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook ($17) seems like it would come in handy for a Dad with four boys. Especially you four.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.